Project: “Peer Power in Combating Gender Based Violence”
Period: 6 months (01/06/2017- 01/12/2017)
Implementing Partner: DEV- AID, Albania
Supportive partner: EPTO, Belgium
Financially supported by: Council of Europe supported by European Youth Foundation (EYF).
Main Goal: To prepare an open-minded new generation, unprejudiced from gender stereotypes, and completely against gender-based violence, using a peer education program designed to be used after by the participants in their daily work in formal and non-formal educational settings.
- Promoting and making useful in local level, the “Gender Matters” Manual (click on the Link to open and download the manual in Albanian Language) and “Toolkit for quality peer education”.
- Strengthening the capacities of youth workers, school psychologists and volunteers related to gender based violence in their daily work with young people.
- Encouraging participants to develop their photographing ability as an alternative way to raise awareness against gender based violence.
- On developing a network of local youth workers dealing with gender based violence among young people.
- 20-25 youth workers will build their capacities of the individual knowledge, skills and experience based on non-formal learning activities.
- 20-25 youth workers will be equipped with proper tools in order to replicate their acquired knowledge within their work context.
- Approximately 100 young people will participate during the follow up sessions/workshops.
- Social media/Facebook page will serve as an open space dedicated to the promotion of picture exhibition on combating gender based violence contributing to active citizenship and free speech.
- The number of gender based violence cases reported from young people will be increased.
- Kick-off meeting of DEV-AID and /stakeholders.
- Introduction and familiarization of the Coaching Module on Peer Education and with the Council of Europe “Gender Matters” manual.
- Meetings with stakeholders/ youth organizations.
- Preparation and lunching of the call for participants.
- Finalizing of the agenda/ program over view and the timeline of the project.
- Preparation of publicity materials, handouts/training materials.
- Selection of the participants.
- Informing the stakeholders about the flow of the project.
- Contacting the participants about the ending of the selection process and informing the selected participants with the full information/ info pack.
- Organizing the 5- days training event on 23th – 27th October, 2017.
- Follow up/ that will consists in analyzing and organizing 3 different info session in 3 different youth organizations with the main topics: Peer education and gender based violence.